- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrine in this motto, which underlines/on the belief that the welfare .of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.