PEOS,PSOS & POS
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Petroleum Engineering supports the mission of the university and the college through its undergraduate program by providing students with an appropriate curriculum and educational experience.
- Be practical, employable and qualified petroleum engineers, who effectively solve problems and design new processes and workflows in the oil and gas production and services industries or other similar pursuits. Many will have started to move into leadership roles within their workplace.
- Keep their education up to date through self-instruction and other training.
- Serve society by encouraging the ideals of ethical behavior, professionalism, and environmentally responsible use of natural resources.
Program System Objectives (PSOs): Â
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering. and ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.